The Pasadena Civic Auditorium (left) and Convention Center (right).
Want to get timely, relevant information about global business, interact with like-minded real estate pros, and experience the beauty, glamour and excitement of Southern California? Do it all at the Destination LA event this October!
Destination LA, presented by the Arcadia Association of REALTORS® and NAR, is happening Oct. 2 and 3 at the Pasadena Convention Center. The convention center is nestled in between the city’s Old Pasadena and Playhouse Districts, just a few miles from downtown Los Angeles. The slate includes a CIPS course, a networking reception in one of Pasadena’s coolest venues, and a full day of informative speakers and sessions.
Here are 7 reasons you should attend:
1. Experience Pasadena: This city is quintessential Southern California. The Old Pasadena District, just a couple of blocks from the convention center, offers great nightlife and an impressive array of Mission Revival, Art Deco and Victorian architecture. And it’s the home of the Rose Bowl and its annual parade.
2. Learn about doing business with Asian buyers and practitioners: Day 1 will feature the Asia/Pacific and International Real Estate CIPS elective course taught by Southern California’s own Carmela Ma.
3. Connect with global real estate pros from across the U.S.: More than 100 top global real estate practitioners will attend this event, which will be marketed nationally. Destination LA will include a networking cocktail reception at Noor, a boutique gathering place overlooking Pasadena’s famed Colorado Boulevard.
4. Explore the beauty of Southern California: Pasadena is right up against the scenic Angeles Mountains, and not far from the Hollywood Hills and legendary beaches of LA’s Westside and South Bay.
5. Get timely, relevant advice and guidance on global business: Sessions from Day 2 will include consul generals, an expert on Chinese real estate and media, a Feng Shui master and others.
6. Discover new NAR resources: Representatives of your national association will be on hand to discuss CIPS, NAR’s At Home With Diversity certification, global real estate research, Real Estate Today Radio and more.
7. Soak up some Hollywood history: The shooting location of films such as Gone With the Wind, Chinatown and Back to the Future, Pasadena offers entertainment industry landmarks such as its Civic Auditorium, which hosted the Emmy Awards for two decades and sits next to the Destination LA venue. And, of course, Hollywood is just 10 miles away.
Access to all events will cost $175, though registration for the CIPS course, the networking reception and one-day global event can be purchased a la carte. To learn more about or to register for this event, visit this Web site or contact Jamie Hu at 626/446-2115 or Jamie@TheAAR.com.