I hate to be the next one to say it – but it’s hard to believe 2013 is almost over! And what a year it has been. At NAR Global, we have truly enjoyed the opportunity to watch our international real estate gurus spread the word and impact the industry on a global scale. From breaking ground in new countries to strengthening long-lasting partnerships, as a global team (volunteers, instructors, students, state and local association staff, and NAR Global staff) we made it a productive and record-breaking year! Here’s a look back at some of our major 2013 accomplishments:
– 19 CIPS Institutes in the United States this year.
– The Institute in Orlando, Florida had a record 94 students in the courses.
– A record 12 non-U.S. CIPS Institutes this year, including two in Dubai, three in Colombia, as well as Spain, Costa Rica, Mexico, Peru, Philippines, Greece, and Thailand. Single courses were also held in Germany and India.
– 500 new CIPS designees were pinned this year – also a record number for the designation!
– In 2013 NAR expanded its reach around the world by signing agreements of cooperation with the Institute of Professional Auctioneers & Valuers (IPAV) in Ireland, and the Federation of Ecuador Real Estate Professionals (FENACBRE).
– Nearly 2,000 International REALTOR® members joined NAR for the first time this year, bringing us to approximately 4,000 total!
– We welcomed 1,851 international attendees at the 2013 REALTORS® Conference & Expo in San Francisco. This was the second-highest total number of international attendees since 2001 (second only to the 2007 event in Las Vegas).
– The realtor.com International site continued to grow throughout 2013. There are now more than 4.8 million active listings on the site, representing 35 countries and 5 continents.
– More than 1 million unique international visitors search the site each month.
Spotlight on Mexico
NAR Global piloted a “Spotlight” program this year to highlight a country that offers significant global business opportunities. The 2013 spotlight country was Mexico, and we are thrilled to recognize their success and achievements.
– A symposium focusing on professional connections between U.S. and Mexico took place in Los Cabos, with over 50 attendees representing local associations from across the United States. Building upon the success of this event, another symposium is planned for the Riviera Maya in June 2014.
– A record number of delegates (40) from Mexico attended the REALTORS® Conference & Expo in San Francisco last month.
– Linda Neil, NAR’s President’s Liaison to Mexico, led a tremendously informative panel session at the conference, which was very well attended and we were fortunate to cover on ConferenceLive.
– For the first time, all of AMPI’s members became International REALTORS®! And 81% say it has been helpful in their business.
Global Achievement Program
The Global Achievement Program recognizes associations and Global Business Councils that have demonstrated exceptional commitment to building members’ awareness of the global and multicultural business opportunities in their local markets.
– In 2013, we expanded the Global Achievement program with 27 participating associations, compared to last year’s 21.
– Five councils achieved “Platinum” status this year, compared to four last year.
– Congratulations to West San Gabriel Valley Association of REALTORS® (California) for winning the Ambassador Association of the Year! They are the Ambassador Association to the Malaysian Institute of Estate Agents and the Chinese Association of Real Estate Brokers.
As you can see – this was a banner year with milestones in several of our programs! So the challenge issued is…can we make 2014 even better? With your continued help and support, I think we can! Many, many thanks to all those who have contributed to global business success. No matter what or where you are celebrating this holiday season, toast in celebration of a fantastic 2013!